[Oberon] booting from bluebottle cd results in blackscreen

urs.sonderegger at fhsg.ch urs.sonderegger at fhsg.ch
Wed Apr 9 09:22:58 CEST 2003

Hello Patrik

I'm working with Christoph Stamm at the bootproblem with bluebottle.
The CD-ROM is SCSI with SCSI-ID 6. I've tried to get some trace-sesults
while booting.
Unfortunately without success. I tried many combinations of parameters, for
serial- and  screen-trace but
I never got any traces.
Perhaps we have a problem with the graphic-device.
We tried the same CD on a Compaq ARMADA E500 with 14" TFT-Screen and a IDE
CD-ROM. It hangs also.
But on my own Laptop a ARMADA E500 with 15" TFT and IDE CD-ROM it works
fine?!

Many thanks for your help and best regards

Urs Sonderegger

FHS Hochschule für Technik, Wirtschaft und Soziale Arbeit
St. Gallen

Urs Sonderegger
Tellstrasse 2
9001 St.Gallen

tel  ++4171 220 37 45
fax ++4171 220 37 05
mail urs.sonderegger at fhsg.ch

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Patrik Reali"  |
|         |           <reali at acm.org> |
|         |           Sent by:        |
|         |           oberon-admin at inf|
|         |           .ethz.ch        |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           08.04.2003 08:30|
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to oberon       |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                            |
  |        To:      <oberon at inf.ethz.ch>                                                                                       |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                 |
  |        Subject: Re: [Oberon] booting from bluebottle cd results in blackscreen                                             |

This is strange indeed. Is the CD-ROM device IDE or SCSI? Can you use the
serial line trace, or otherwise boot setting the trace to the machine
screen
(text mode) and check where it hangs? (sorry, I don't remember the
TraceMode
parameters, and have no network access available at the moment).

-Patrik