[Oberon] Unintended feature activation of Mail.Send

peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Mon May 5 15:38:17 CEST 2003

Chris,

cg> * How can I prevent this happening ?

cg> * Am I right that the unintended mode is set for the rest of the file-list
once it is detected in the first 'bad argument' of: Mail.Send  <list of
files> ?
In that case I should put files that may be non-ascii at the end of the
list
of: Mail.Send  <list of files> ?

cg> *  Do any readers know what the 2 possible conditions are that  set
the "send AsciiCoder-compression-attatchment-mode" ?
Ie. what are conditions: MIME.EncAsciiCoder, MIME.EncAsciiCoderC ?

Sorry Chris but I have no significant insights to these
questions.

A few months ago I noticed what appeared to be an
inconsistency between the implementation of Mail.Send ^
and a pertinent comment, and suggested a correction to
Pieter M.  Also, I have been unable to have messages
automatically deleted from the POP server after
retrieval with the Mail.Panel in PC Native 05.01.2003
(2003-01-05).

When time is available for Oberon source texts, I try
to direct the effort to PPP.  Outside of PPP, the
best I can do is to report concerns as clearly as
possible and hope that they are addressed in a future
release.

Beyond these "repair issues" I have an idea for the
input interface to implement and have never made
any real progress with the driver for the old
Hercules video.

There is never enough time for everything we want to
do.

Regards,        Peter E.

Web pages: search for "peter lyall easthope"