[Oberon] Re: New alpha version

Philipp Kramer kramer at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 5 20:36:12 CEST 2003

Maybe you did not update the boot file (something like Partitions.UpdateBootfile ...)?

Best regards, Philipp.

--------------------------
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Meunier?= <gmeunier at club-internet.fr>
To: <oberon at inf.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: [Oberon] New alpha version
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:24:51 +0200

> > I've just installed, as usual, the last version of Bluebottle (june 4,
> > 2003). I get a beautiful blue screen with a working mouse cursor, but no
> > more. No menu, no window. Where is the mistake?
>
> Maybe you missed to adjust the Aos.Par (The boot config)
> The important line :
> Boot2=WindowManager.Install;MM.Open Menu.XML
>
> You can boot with the shift key and change this in the boot config.
>
> Please tell me if it does not help.

First remark: the file "Aos.Par" which is referenced on the BB site doesn't
contain this Boot2 line, but only:

    Boot2="MM.Open Menu.XML"

I changed the line, but the screen remains empty. My boot config is now:

Partitions.SetConfig Diskette0#00
  BootVol1="AOS AosFS IDE1#03"
  AosFS="AosDiskVolumes.New AosDiskFS.NewFS"
  Boot="AosDisplayLinear"
  Init="bb1741b8024fcd10b8014fb91701cd10268b4d28268b552a"
  DWidth="1024"
  DHeight="768"
  DDepth="16"
  DMem="2048"
  Boot1="AosKeyboard;AosMousePS2;AosUsbUhci.Init;UsbMousePoller.Start"
  Boot2="WindowManager.Install;MM.Open Menu.XML"
  Boot3="Autostart.Run"
  LinkDevice="Unknown"
  CacheSize="1000"
  APM="0"