[Oberon] XMLRPC Implementation

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 19:57:49 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I've finished a working XMLRPC client!  (See
http://www.xmlrpc.org).  XMLRPC is the predecessor
to SOAP.  But it's much simplier.

For some reason I kept getting "permission denied"
when I tried to upload it to the incoming folder at
ETH.  Anyway I've emailed it to them so hopefully it
will be up soon.  It was more work than I expected.
My first thought for sending the XML accross the net
was to implement an AosIO.Writer with an
AosTCP.Connection.Send delegate.  But that simply
didn't work.  Plus I noticed that AosIO.Writer.String
makes repeated calls to the Send delegate proceder
(one for each charecter in the string).  It's much
better in this instance to send all of the bytes in a
group, so I called Send directly.

There more that I learned on this project, but this
is what stuck out in my mind.

Anyway while it "works" it still can use some
improvement.  Also it would be nice to see someone
implement a server also.

Regards,

John M. Drake