[Oberon] Reconfiguring Oberon with CD install

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 18:35:46 CEST 2003

Hello all,

Currently I use a CD installation of BlueBottle.  I
like this because I don't have to worry about
repartitioning anything.  Also I'm working off of an
NTFS formatted HD.  I can save my work to a floppy.
(I'm not doing heavy work with BlueBottle at the
moment).  However the problem is that I can't
reconfigure my network settings.  The way this is done
(I think) is that you have to change the configuration
file and reboot.  But since I'm booting from a
CD....well you see my dilema.  Before someone goes for
an "obvious" answer like buying a second harddrive, I
just want to know if anyone has thought about how this
can be done while still using a CD install?  For
instance is it possible to reload the configuration
file without rebooting?  Or what about a CD install
where the "boot files" (kernel, configuration file,
ect) are stored on floppy and the rest of the files
are stored on CD?

Regards,

John M. Drake