[Oberon] Reconfiguring Oberon with CD install

Thomas Frey frey at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 1 04:37:35 CEST 2003

> Currently I use a CD installation of BlueBottle.  I
> like this because I don't have to worry about
> repartitioning anything.  Also I'm working off of an
> NTFS formatted HD.  I can save my work to a floppy.
> (I'm not doing heavy work with BlueBottle at the
> moment).  However the problem is that I can't
> reconfigure my network settings.
Network settings for Network-Cards can be changed in the boot menu
(press the SHIFT key while booting)

 > Or what about a CD install
> where the "boot files" (kernel, configuration file,
> ect) are stored on floppy and the rest of the files
> are stored on CD?
I guess you can do this with a bootable Bb disk and the volumes mounted
in order (RAM, floppy, CD). I have never tried it, though.

If you had a second computer, with a full installation, you could create
a modified CD with your settings.

--Thomas