[Oberon] n-o: RX.Tool = 'can of worms'

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun Nov 2 14:08:18 CET 2003

Re: RX.Tool ? span multiple lines:
to preserve my sanity, I don't want to look too deeply into this
'can of worms', but to delete the text-stretches between "<"
and ">"  -- possibly spanning several lines; is this algorithm usable ?

1. assume/hope that consecutive lines to be deleted can be appended
  into one big line without problems.

2. lines which will need modifying will be formatted thus:-
A.
 <possibly-empty-string1> "<" <string>  ">"  <possibly-empty-string2>
        modified to
 <possibly-empty-string1>   <possibly-empty-string2>
B.
 <possibly-empty-string1> "<" <possibly-empty-string2>
        modified to remove the line terminator.

It seems to me that by repeatedly applying transformations A, B;
the text would be transformed as required; i.e. delete the "<,>" and
all enclosed text ?    Does this work with newer versions of RX.* ?

==  Chris Glur.