[Oberon] aos, n-o, XML, V4-folding ? WinAos WebDAV

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Sun Nov 16 17:11:08 CET 2003

easlab at absamail.co.za wrote:
> Q1.  Is XML essential to AOS ?
I would say yes.

> Q2.  Is  AOS usable yet ?
>    eg. post and fetch email and news.
If you want your AOS PPP connection to run for long times the answer for you is no.
Because for my purposes I didn't invest more time when AOS PPP was finally
running. And now I use DSL.
But I finally found time to package a first WebDAV client for WinAos after fixing
some small problems. "http://webdav.ethz.ch/davzip/WinAosDAV.1.3.2.zip" (104KB)
So I will have a look at the NO client problem now.

> Q3. The description of V4's 'folding' facility sounds powerfull
Gadgets also has some folding capability with Outline gadgets.
I sometimes put documentation in the source code hidden in outlines.
But V4 may be more powerful.

Regards, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"