[Oberon] n-o: How to dynamically insert ListGadgets ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun Nov 23 02:48:11 CET 2003

Hi,
 apart from popup Menues, I've never seen 'dynamically' appearing
 menues in n-o.

 I'm enthusiatic to construct a panel which eg. for the:
 [Add] button displays a suitably populated ListGadget at a predetermined
     location on the panel;
[Copy] button displays TWO suitably populated ListGadgets at predetermined
     locations on the panel;
 etc.

As each new 'operator' button is executed, obviously the previous
ListGadget(s) are replaced by the new/appropriate one(s).

We know that
    Gadgets.Insert  Lists.NewList ~
inserts a ListGadget AT THE CARET, but I can't see how to position it
on the panel, absolutely or relative to it's 'called by button'.

 I'm NOT enthusiatic to analyse the existing source code and would
 greatly appreciate info/advice to avoid having to do this.

 Thanks,
 == Chris Glur.