[Oberon] n-o: How to dynamically insert ListGadgets ?

Jacques Eloff eloff at cs.sun.ac.za
Mon Nov 24 03:39:35 CET 2003

On Sunday 23 November 2003 03:30 pm, edgar at edgarschwarz.de wrote:
> easlab at absamail.co.za wrote:
> > We know that
> >     Gadgets.Insert  Lists.NewList ~
> > inserts a ListGadget AT THE CARET, but I can't see how to position it
> > on the panel, absolutely or relative to it's 'called by button'.
>
> You probably should send a consume message. Have a look at Chapter5.Text.
>
> Cheers, Edgar
>
> P.S. Warning: no easy reading :-)
I agree, not easy reading. Have a look at Example 16 (page 217) of the Oberon
Companion. You first need to locate the container object by using the
ThisFrame procedure in the Gadgets module. The example uses the mouse pointer
coordinates (Oberon.Pointer.X, Oberon.Pointer.Y), but you can use the
absolute coordinates of the container to obtain a reference to the Frame that
needs to get the Consume message
--
Jacques Eloff
Department of Computer Science