[Oberon] Re. WebDAV HOW2

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Fri Dec 5 13:46:01 CET 2003

Edgar wrote:
> WebDAV/DeltaV doesn't care about a text/binary difference.
> The repository DeltaV is using (VCS) can also calculate diffs for binary files
> for efficient storage of versions. So probably the answer to your question
> is yes.

> >    If so who is going to write the first most basic WebDAV HOW2 ?

> I volunteer to transform "http://webdav.ethz.ch/nodav/src/no.WebDAV.Tool"
> to a most basic WebDAV HOW2 if you and others are giving me feedback
> what to add or to change. IMHO it's already a basic HOW2 but YMMV.
> Later it can be copied to e.g. "http://webdav.ethz.ch/index.html".

Let's rather start immediately, in a small way: by just refining the existing
work ?  My guess or 'unknowing' is enclosed in {curly brackets} and needs
attention.  Based on your filled in answers, I try to use/test some facilities.

no.WebDAV.Tool / Use ==>

WebDAVClient.SetTraceLevel 2 ~ 0 - 2 allowed values

System.Directory XmlIn*.Log\d {shows a list of files [apparently XML] which
   are 'created' during 'connection to WebDAV -- how/why are they
   significant ? }

DCT.SetHost "webdav.ethz.ch" { this is esential - before connecting
 to http://webdav.ethz.ch/ }

WebDAVClient.SetBasicAuth "<user>:<password>" ! For write access necessary.

DCT.Propfind ^
"/temp" "1" D:getcontentlength D:getlastmodified D:resourcetype ~
"/temp/WebDAV.Text" "1" D:getcontentlength D:getlastmodified
D:resourcetype "D:creator-displayname"
	"D:checked-in" "D:checked-out" ~

{ ? is "D:" 'your' partition ID ?  Apparently not, since I get a 'trace'.
  M.P ^ usually selects the single selected token; here, the list of
 5 arguments apparently terminated by "~" seems to be the variable
 length arg. for DCT.Propfind ?   Will the meaning of the output be
obvious ?  Apparently not, since it looks like this:- }

webdav.ethz.ch:80 / text/plain
{HTTP Client : PROPFIND http://webdav.ethz.ch/temp}
{HTTP Client : Host: webdav.ethz.ch}
{HTTP Client : Depth: 1}
{HTTP Client : Co...
</D:propstat>
</D:response>
</D:multistatus>

}   <-- PS. here's another char unrendered by Oberon10.Scn.Fnt ~
---------

How does all/any of this help me eg. submit and receive iteratively
updated versions of  Oberon10.Scn.Fnt  ?

Do I need a full featured browser to use WebDAV ?

Do I need to study XML to use WebDAV ?
---------

I'd like to see a basic HOW2 designed 'top-down'; eg.
CVS = control (being able to identify, view, submit, change)
   version ( how are the different versions identified/accessed ? )
system (can I use it from my n-o system, or eg. non-graphic lynx ? )

== Chris Glur.

PS. during testing I received an html style file Temp.dxp ,
which I obviously could not 'see' until I:
System.RenameFiles  Temp.dxp => test.html ~
Desktops.OpenDoc test.html

and then the 'hot-link' was to a non-existing local file:
  tutorial1source.html

Is it posible to set Oberon.Text to render *.dxp as an *.html ?