[Oberon] WinAos 1.06, AosTCP/UDP running.

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Tue Dec 16 10:04:26 CET 2003

Hy everyone,

Besides the Aos/Oberon stuff, I have good news for all those who still need
an FTP or HTTP server (and client) running in windows:
Just use this recent Aos/Oberon system and you have it for free (just as in
the native Aos system):

The new version 1.06 alpha of Win Aos Oberon is now available, see
http://www.bluebottle.ethz.ch/WinAos . All recent bugfixes are included.

- have heavily worked on the network section: AosTCP and AosUDP is running
flawlessly. The VNC server, VNC client, FTP server, HTTP server and Oberon
clients also do well. Have tested the (Aos native) WebDAV server and client
of Edgar Schwarz, it is also running from within WinAos. See Projects.Tool.
I have gone through days of cruelty for this.

- some corrections to the timer in AosActive had to be done to make the
timers garbage collectable, some corrections in AosKernel and AosActive to
make GC not hanging in AosActive. [which also took me some days and many
nerves.]

- as in the native Aos distribution the sources are now also arranged in
(the subdirectories) AosWin32Src AosSysSrc AosAppsSrc AosOberonSrc
AosGadSrc AosOberonAppsSrc

Felix.
--

Felix Friedrich

Institut für Biomathematik und Biometrie
GSF - Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, GmbH
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1, D-85764 Neuherberg

Tel:      ++49 89 3187 2436
email:  friedrich at gsf.de