[Oberon] Bluebottle: Intel 8255x?

Thomas Frey frey at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Apr 25 16:37:08 CEST 2004

Necati Ecevit wrote:

>> Does DHCP work with the old card (and the new release) ? The old
>> request looks ok.
>>

> DHCP does not work both with the old card and new card.
> However with my previous static IP case, the old card was working and
> new card is not.
It seems like the Bb driver is not 100% compatible with your new 3Com
card. We dont have such a card, so I can not easily reproduce the problem.
To the DHCP: Possibly your DHCP server does not understand the Broadcast
option, set by Aos but usually not set by other systems. If you want to
try setting/unsetting some options to make the Aos request similar to
the Linux/Windows one, you can easily do this in the
AosDHCP.CreateDHCPRequestMsg.

--Thomas