Re (2): [Oberon] Finding an object by name

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Sat Aug 21 09:43:48 CEST 2004

Hi Felix,
thanks for your code. I will give it a try.

Felix Friedrich <friedrich at gsf.de> wrote:
> As far as I remember, there is no way to
> (portably) traverse all viewers/frames in the display space (without
> using Display.Broadcast which in your case does not make sense).
But this gives me another idea. Perhaps Display.Broadcast MAKES sense in my case.
Because I know the name of the document I expect my object to be contained !
So perhaps taking the document (or the panel it contains) as context for FindObj()
could save my day.
So I have another question:
Can I find a document with a given name if it's opened ?

Cheers, Edgar
--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de,       Running Bluebottle           www.edgarschwarz.de
      Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler !  Albert Einstein