[Oberon] Re: Finding an object by name

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Aug 23 20:22:58 CEST 2004

I thought someone wrote about:
 'traversing the viewer heirarchy upwards [towards the root] to find a
specific viewer, and that crossing over to the other branch of the tree
was not possible' ??

Felix Friedrich wrote:

>   There is no way to access all viewers without modifying Viewers.Mod

That confuses me since [although I've never investigated deeply]
Chapter5.Text shows :-
... Display Root
Figure 5.4	Example structure of the display space

And simplistically, <F9> clearly 'talks' to all viewers.

Aren't all viewers accessible from "Display Root" ?
Are the viewers also linked in the reverse direction - I guess not ?
Where am I misunderstanding this thread ?

== Chris Glur.