[Oberon] Bluebottle with 64K cpus?

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Tue Dec 14 13:27:37 CET 2004

as far as I remember Pieter Muller's PhD thesis, it should
be possible to extend it. Currently it is tightly coupled
to Intel's APIC and limited with the APIC to 8 processors
of the P6 generation.

But Pieter Muller states (p. 49):

"It would be relatively easy to adapt it for i386 and i486
embedded processors."

So it should be possible to adopt the SMP also to bigger
numbers given synchronisation etc is implemented.

You can find his PhD thesis here:
http://e-collection.ethbib.ethz.ch/show?type=diss&nr=14755

regards
--