Re (3): [Oberon] NIC in BB

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Jan 6 18:40:36 CET 2005

Doug,

re: ambiguity of BB abbreviation.

Hadn't thought of that.  From now on I could
use AOS or Aos to abbreviate BlueBottle and
BB for Black Box.

Thomas,

tf> If your computer can run VMWare or Qemu ...

No but late last week I installed crazy.  With
a decent network connection it is easy enough.
Nice release!  Thanks!

tf> You can for example use
AosPing.Ping 129.132.134.50 ~ to Ping the bluebottle server without DNS
lookup.
Or you can use the graphical FTP Browser ( WMFTPClient.Open ~).

They both work.  Thanks.

The display panning ability offers convenient
access to AosOberon.  Ie., start Aos, pan right
(left, up ...), bring the main menu, start
Oberon, unpan, return the menu.  Whenever
Oberon is needed just pan to it with one click.

(Chris G.: this works quite well.  You gain by
installing Aos and still have Oberon a click
away.)

Can anyone tell me how to do this startup in
AosConfig.XML.  The example,
AosDisplayWM.Install Oberon 900x700;System.Init Oberon
is on the home screen whereas I am aiming for
an adjacent screen.

Thanks,         Peter

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/