[Oberon] BB skin problem

Dan Parnete dan.parnete at fastwebnet.it
Sun Feb 6 19:12:11 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm using the Xmas skin in BB for Windows and I've noticed this strange
thing:

I have Notepad and Text Style opened on the desktop (in Auto.dsk). With
this starting sequence in Aos.Text:
    Aos="MainMenu.Open"
    Aos="SkinEngine.Load xmas.skin"
    Aos="WMRestorable.Load Auto.dsk"
it frequently happens that some/all buttons of Notepad or Text Style are
not rendered. Just didn't exist. This happens only with Xmas skin, witch
is the heaviest. Because of the delay in Windows rendering (BB is much
faster in that) some time I can see appearing part of the buttons in
zeroskin and then the skin going over, but not all of them have had time
to display on.
If I change the starting sequence in:
    Aos="SkinEngine.Load xmas.skin"
    Aos="MainMenu.Open"
    Aos="WMRestorable.Load Auto.dsk"
it rarely happens losing some button, or none.
I don't know what is the reason, but I can suppose concurrency is not
always an easy horse to ride on. Where is time of old, dear, sequential
Oberon?

Regards,
Dan Parnete