[Oberon] Crazy Fresh 85Hz

Stefan Salewski Salewski at physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Sat Mar 12 20:09:40 CET 2005

On 18-JAN-2005 fischer at inf.ethz.ch wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 Jack Johnson <knapjack at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a motherboard with onboard video (SIS315-based) and when the
> > video initializes it comes up in the lowest supported refresh rate,
> > which always seems to be interlaced.
> >

> The string is obtained by executing:
>   Aos.Call DisplayGTF.Mode 117 1024 768 16 75 ~

Hello,

I just managed to install current Bluebottle "crazy fresh"
and to get 85 Hz refresh rate, 1280x1024x32 with graphic card
Matrox G450 on my Sony G400 CRT-monitor.

Great!

I was not too confident because setting refresh rate using VESA 3.0
BIOS calls is very difficult.

First I tried to use VESA-ModeID in hexadecimal, because in VESA
BIOS EXTENSION manual hexadecimal MODE-IDs are used and
Andre Fischer used 117 in his example.

For me it was working after using decimal Mode-ID:

Aos.Call DisplayGTF.Mode 283 1280 1024 32 85 ~

gives me the correct INIT-String.

Thanks

Stefan Salewski