[Oberon] How to identify AOS error codes

Thomas Frey thomas.frey at alumni.ethz.ch
Wed Mar 16 13:28:46 CET 2005

> First I get error code 3502. In AOS-Sourcecode
> I found that 3502 means timeout error.
>
> With incomplete filled fields in Aos.Par I get a new
> error code, 3903 if I remember correctly.
This means your network interface has no name.

> Is there a central list of error codes or a recommended
> method to map error codes to modules?
There is AosErrors.Text as a central list of error numbers.
Unfortunately there are several conflicting number ranges for different
projects.
It would be better if the modules that report an error message would
identify themselves or even report in human readable form.

--Thomas