[Oberon] Two questions

Thomas Frey thomas.frey at alumni.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 5 09:45:50 CEST 2005

> 2. I have been reading and re-reading Pieter's dissertation concerning the
> kernel.  Is the 1 Khz scheduler interrupt rate something that can be
> altered?  I see in some modules, this appears to be designed as a
> configurable parameter, but others seem to be built with an implicit
> understanding that the rate is indeed 1 Khz.

There are some programs (including AosKernel.Mod, AosProcessors.Mod)
that assume one tick is 1/1000 of a second. If you change the tick rate,
several ASSERTs will break.
If you want to slow down the time-slice rate by an integer you can do
this in the HandlMPTimer and HandleUPTimer in AosProcessors, without
changing the tick rate.
To make it faster is more difficult...

--Thomas