Re (2): [Oberon] Installing Native Oberon

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Wed Apr 13 17:28:28 CEST 2005

Marius,

>  ... Native has installation problems too, ...

The installation diskette for PC Native 05.01.2003
has worked perfectly many times here.  Never failed.

> ... Bluebottle's ... I'll try your triage suggestions and cdrecord,

With a 56k modem or faster connection you can
install via the network.  Make a 40 MB partition
for Oberon, a 100 MB partition for Aos and whatever
other partitions you want including USR or HOME.

Install Oberon in the 40 from the diskette.
Get whatever you want of Apps1.zip, Apps2.zip,
Docu.zip, Gadgets.zip and etc. via the net and
install.

Install Aos using AosInst.Tool.

Install and configure the boot manager you prefer.

You're done and you haven't touched a CD.

Regards,          Peter E.

        http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/