Re (3): [Oberon] Installing Native Oberon

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Wed Apr 13 21:11:56 CEST 2005

> Open http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/ , click "Native Oberon" ,
> scroll down to "Latest PC Native Alpha Version" ,
> click "Download".  Note the "label" "CURRENT-IS-05.01.03".
>
> Retrieve Oberon0.Dsk and rawrite.exe
> at least.  Get some other *zips if you have
> time.  Use rawrite.exe to make your Oberon0
> diskette.

The rawrite at that place can't be downloaded. It's a link. I've used
the rawrite I had downloaded before with StdAlone.

>   Install Oberon.

Trying to. The listed partitions include

IDE0#00   1036MB --- (Whole disk)

and the Partitions.ChangeType require a "from" partition type. I tried

Partitions.ChangeType IDE0#00 --- 76
Partitions.ChangeType IDE0#00 0 76
Partitions.ChangeType IDE0#00 1 76
Partitions.ChangeType IDE0#00 76 76

All failed. Back to fdisk to set a dummy partition type...