[Oberon] Installing Native Oberon, ... continued.

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Thu Apr 21 00:40:36 CEST 2005

On 20 Apr 2005, at 23:19, shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca wrote:

>> The dummy partition type trick seem to have worked.
>
> If the partition type is already 76 it does not need to change.
> Otherwise the type can be set with Partitions.ChangeType.
> Why is a dummy partition type needed?

I deleted all partitions. Then when I got to Partitions.ChangeType I
was at a lost because it required a "from" type and I had none to give.
So I went back and created a partition of some type just to have
something to  pass to Partitions.ChangeType. That's the meaning of
"dummy."

>> Gave up on booting from disk.
>
> How many disks are in the system?   If more than one disk
> is installed, which disk has Oberon?

Just one disk for now. I gathered from other posts here that Oberon
simply won't boot from disk. I can live with that. That's the meaning
of "gave up."