[Oberon] WinAos 2.00

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Wed May 4 10:11:35 CEST 2005

John,

>First the good. ...

nice to hear that.

>The bad.
>===================
>For some strange reason the Menu won't come up.
>
>I click on the command:
>
>Configuration.DoCommands
>Aos.Call Win32AosDisplay.Install 1280 1024 ~ (* open
>display *)
>Aos.Call WindowManager.Install  ~ (* Install window
>manager *)
>Aos.Call SkinEngine.Load winxp.skin
>Aos.Call MainMenu.Open ~
>
>The culprit seems to be "MainMenu.Open".  It just
>doesn't do anything.

When you execute the commands one after the other, what do you see on the
screen?  Is your screen large enough for 1280 1024 resolution? If not,
please try

Configuration.DoCommands
Aos.Call Win32AosDisplay.Install ~ (* open full screen display *)
Aos.Call WindowManager.Install  ~ (* Install window manager *)
Aos.Call SkinEngine.Load winxp.skin
Aos.Call MainMenu.Open ~

>The ugly
>===================
>What happened to the Oberon apps such as Leonardo?
>They worked fine in version 1.02 (even if
>installation was a bit painful due to a wierd
>problem in Packages) but by 1.08 they were missing.
>I tried copying them over to 1.08 and 2.00 but
>now Packages "traps" when I try to install
>anything.  For me Leonardo is the Oberon
>"killer ap".  It's the one pre-installed ap
>that I consistently am able to use for actual
>work.
>
>Incidently, Leonardo doesn't work under the
>latest version of BlueBottle either.  It
>starts to work, but then "traps" out.

I'll incorporate Leonardo into the next release (which will be available as
soon as first bugs are removed, ca. 2 Weeks). Compare next email.

Felix.