[Oberon] BB on IDE3#03 and boot diskette

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Fri May 20 00:24:25 CEST 2005

Op Thursday 19 May 2005 22:55 schreef edgar at edgarschwarz.de:
 > Hi,
 > I have still my two problems:
 > 1. Did anybody ever boot Bluebottle from a IDE3 ? Or IDE1/2 ?

I did. It ran.

 >    If yes: could I please have a description how he did it and a hex
 > dump of his boot sector ?

I just followed the install script. Then I wanted to install it on IDE0.
But that didn't work. I could install just about any OS, but not Oberon or
BlueBottle.
So now it is yet another Linux machine. And I installed Oberon on another
computer.

 > 2. I need a detailed description how to make an Bluebottle bootdisk with
 >    diskette#0. Formatting, ... Especially for a IDE3 Bluebottle.
 >    A bootdisk worked with previous versions using a DOS formatted
 > diskette, but it seems no more :-(

You get the diskimage and wave your magic wand, while typing ojn the
keybored:

	dd bs=512 if=/Oberon0.dsk of=/dev/fd0 <Enter>

That did the trick for me.

My 'untrusty' IDE0 disk had a rather silly problem and it could be
recognized by the fact that 'Partition.Show' never worked first time, but
always second time.
On Lithium and other systems, Partition.Show just works always.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl