AW: Re (4): [Oberon] USB stick access ?

Stauber, Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Mon May 30 14:40:16 CEST 2005

Hi!

>But now the next question. I stick a cardreader in the hub.
>An USB 2.0 Cardreader is recognized at USBHC0 at port 1.
>But Partitions.Show then tells me "no media" for USB1 even when
>a compact flash card is in.
>So, should the card reader work or do we need a special driver for that ?
No, we don't need a special driver, it's a USB mass storage device. The reason the card reader doesn't work is that the USB mass storage driver currently only deals with devices with LUN 0 (Logical Unit Number). The mass storage driver should create a device object not only for the device with LUN0, but for all logical unit a physical device provides (The GetMaxLun request tells us how many there are.).

> A year or two back, Pieter mentioned that USB code is rudimentary
>and doesn't support most device specific features.
>We users need to contribute.
I'm currently working on USB 2.0 for Bluebottle. Files will be available in approx. 2 months.

>Aos.Call?  Never used it.
Procedures which are exported and can be called from outside the "grey-box-oberon-application" always have the signature (ptr : PTR) : PTR. If you want to call such a procedure from within the oberon-application, you will have to use Aos.Call Module.Procedure ~.

Cheers,
Sven