AW: [Oberon] USB Open Host Controller Driver, AosUsbOhci.Mod.

Stauber, Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 18 13:54:05 CEST 2005

Hi!

There's a bug in AosUsbOhci.Mod:

Find PROCEDURE PCIFindOhci and remove the two lines:

ELSIF SYSTEM.VAL(SET,pciCmdReg) * {0} = {} THEN
AosOut.String("AosUsbOhci: IO space not mapped."); AosOut.Ln;

Background: Bit 0 of the PCI Command register (part of PCI configuration space each PCI device must implement) indicates whether the device requires its registers to be mapped into  I/O or memory space. OHCI Host Controller always use memory mapped I/O (defined in OHCI specification), so this bit must be zero. Either completely remove the two lines or replace SYSTEM.VAL(SET,pciCmdReg) * {0} = {} by SYSTEM.VAL(SET,pciCmdReg) * {0} # {}, since the device shall not use I/O space.

Cheers,
Sven