AW: Re (3): AW: [Oberon] Mounting USB memory on USBOhci.

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Fri Jul 22 18:40:28 CEST 2005

Sven,

> ... mount ... in the Autostart section of AosConfig.XML.

That works.  Thanks.

The mount also works as Boot9 in Aos.Par.

For the present I am using ETH Oberon / Aos 08.06.05
as a full screen interface.  In this case Autostart.Run
is not necessary.  Even the main menu of the WM is
not needed.  Mounting the USB with Boot9 is sufficient.

After this system is stable for a week on two, I'll
update information on the Web in case anyone is
interested.

> No, the OHCI host controller initialization will always complete before
> the USB driver is started (AosUsb.Init), but the later will work
> concurrently to the boot process.

Sorry, I was confused.

> ... force the USB driver initialization to wait until bus
> enumeration is finished.

Seems a good idea!

> If you would attach the device to different ports, the
> device names (USBXX) could change which causes the
> mount command to fail ... .

This problem appears to be independent of the preceding.

>>On the other hand I could observe that sometimes while copying many
>>files - about 100 MB - the copying stopped without any message.

Appears to be a third problem which I have yet to
encounter.  Josef is weeks or months ahead.

> Thanks for the fixes. The next time the USB files find their way into
> the release, your fixes will be included.

Fixes by Josef.  My knowledge isn't so good.

Regards,         ... Peter

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/