[Oberon] DHCP

Stefan Salewski Salewski at physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Sat Jul 23 21:02:46 CEST 2005

Am Montag, 18. Juli 2005 19:52 schrieb Stefan Salewski:

> I have just booted the current crazy fresh CD:
> DHCP still does not work!

I have traced the DHCP communication between my computer running Win2000
and our DHCP-server with Ethereal.

There are some significant differences between the windows DHCP-Discover
message and the AOS Discover message created by AosDHCP.CreateDiscoveryMsg.

I think that our DHCP-Server will not recognize the AOS DHCP-Discover message.
So it seems to be necessary to read some documentation about DHCP and then to
modify AosDHCP.CreateDiscoveryMsg() until our DHCP server can understand it.

Is it necessary to reboot after each modification of AosDHCP.CreateDiscoverMsg()
to test DHCP protocoll or is there a way to relaunch network without rebooting?
(like ipconfig /release -- ipconfig /renew in windows or ifconfig up -- ifconfig down
in linux)

Best regards

Stefan Salewski