[Oberon] Bibliography / Scanned Out of Print Books

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Wed Aug 10 17:54:22 CEST 2005

Op Wednesday 10 August 2005 15:51 schreef Treutwein Bernhard:
 > Dear Oberonians,
 >
 > apparently someone has updated the bibliography
 > recently and put up another scanned copy of
 > Programming in Oberon and Algorithms & Data
 > Data Structures.

I am to blame for this. I asked Professor Gutknecht if it would be
appropriate to republish some of the books concerning Modula-2 and Oberon.
My line of thought was: if the EU is going to allow patenting software (ie
C sources) this might give a boost to all non-C languages.

I don't know if this was a good enough reason, but he told me that late
August there would be made available, updated, electronic editions of
'Algorithms and data structures', 'PIM' and 'Project Oberon'.

This task was to be carried out by one of his PhD's, but (s)he left too
soon. So, in an effort to keep me satisfied, one of his cooperators
published the (apparently new) editions that are now online.

 > I have made also scans and contacted Andre Fischer several times ...

 > Currently you can find them here:
 > ftp://ftp.lrz.de/transfer/OberonTrilogy/

I cannot ftp to this site:

  ncftp> open ftp.lrz.de
  Resolving ftp.lrz.de...
  Unknown host "ftp.lrz.de".
  ncftp>

But I did get a site in the US that also published a scanned book in a 6 MB
download file. Here's the URL:

	http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~phf/mir/wirth-compiler-1996.pdf

It's the english version, which is easier to understand for (at least) me.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl