Re (2): [Oberon] WinAos progress report

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Thu Sep 1 20:39:18 CEST 2005

Op Thursday 01 September 2005 10:37 schreef edgar at edgarschwarz.de:

 > that the PCs the boys are using need 250W each :-( )

My 'normal' PC's eat 50 - 100 Watts, depending on the processor used. A 200
MHz Winchip computer takes 50 Watts. A twin-CPU AP400 (two P-II/400 MHz)
eats 80 Watts.

Are you sure about the 250 Watts? Or were they burning CD-ROM's in mass
production?

 > P.S.: A question to the native English. From the past I know "laptop".
 > Now I read more and more "notebook". So what's the bloody difference
 > between laptop and notebook ? Or is this just German English ?

A laptop is a computer you can put on your knees. So, a Kaypro is NOT a
laptop. It is a (trans)portable. But a Sharp PC 4700 was.

A notebook is more or less A4 sized and roughly 4 cm high. But most Windows
users wouldn't make this distinction at all.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl