Re (3): [Oberon] LinAos

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Thu Sep 1 21:04:45 CEST 2005

Peter wrote:
> pr> port WinAos to Linux and the BSDs?
> Pity that nobody is aiming for a fully fledged
> Debian package.
I don't think that's a big problem (But perhaps I'm wrong)
What I imagine is some Linux glue code which can use the Bluebottle binary code
from a partition or a partition image in a file and patches it to use a Linux Display,
Mouse, Keyboard and LAN driver. Would nearly be like somebody wished to use Linux
drivers ?
And so I hope the differences between different Linux distributions should be
negligable.
IIRC Peter Matthias(?) made something like that for NO years ago (LNO).
Perhaps some sudo or kernel driver programming will be necessary but it could help
Bluebottle to run on every machine where there is a Linux and reuse the HW drivers.

Cheers, Edgar