AW: [Oberon] BB, networking & database

René A. Krywult rene.krywult at aon.at
Thu Sep 22 10:07:09 CEST 2005

>----- Original von:  Stauber  Sven Philipp <staubesv at student.ethz.ch>:

Hi Sven,

>Which Bluebottle version did you finally install on your harddrive? The >current build or the crazy fresh build?

Currently I'm working with the current stable. If I manage to get everything up, then I'll switch to the crazy, I think.

>It would be helpful if you could post the output of Partitions.GetConfig >dev#part ~ (and if using the crazy fresh build, also the network section >of AosConfig.XML).

OK, I'll do that as soon as I come home again (I'm currently at my job)

>LinkNotLinked means that there is no physical network connection >available. Have a look a your network controller - typically, there is a >LED near the plug for the network cable which indicates the link state. >Does this LED indicate something?

Well, I will check that, but my system runs WinXP on IDE0#01 and Bluebottle on IDE1#01. And everything works on XP, so I think that there is not a physical problem with the card, and I therefore fully expect to find the LEDs signalling "all is well".

Could this also indicate that I somehow chose the wrong driver? This would be strange, since I looked up the card in XP, and there it says that I have a RTL8139, and that's what I used in the Aos.Par. Anyhow, I'll have a look at the LEDs and then post again.

Thanks

Rene