[Oberon] Re. Install your own OS

sedlacek sedlacek at swissonline.ch
Tue Oct 18 17:47:27 CEST 2005

John Drake wrote:

> --- easlab at absamail.co.za wrote:

>>There's no "DateFormat= DD.MM.YYYY" in my "
>>Oberon.Text ".
>>Perhaps in your Win version ?

> code for Strings.Mod.  It looks for a file
> "System.DateFormat" and "System.TimeFormat".
> If those files are there it reads in a
> string for the date and time formats.
> If not it defaults to "DD.MM.YYYY" and
> "HH:MM:SS".  So try creating a file
> "System.DateFormat", put the format
> string in there you want and see what
> happens.

Hi together

The call Oberon.OpenScanner looks for a configuration setting in
Oberon.Text. The syntax of System.DateFormat is that in the section
System you can find a field DateFormat. You can for example look at
System.InitCommands... When nothing is specified then in the case of
date and time formats the default values from Strings.Mod are taken

good luck!

Josef Sedlacek

--
Company:  Radiar, Dr. J. Sedlacek, CH-7554 Sent
Tel: +41 (81) 860 06 60