[Oberon] Using S-ATA under Oberon/Bluebottle

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 14 09:21:07 CET 2005

Hi All!

All onboard S-ATA controllers I've seen so far offer a "legacy mode". In this mode, the controller can be used using the normal ATA driver of Oberon\Bluebottle. Of course, you cannot use any S-ATA features in this mode.There is a student writing an S-ATA driver, however.

AMD X2: We also tried to boot up both cores from a AMD X2 Dualcore processor. Didn't work, but as T. Frey said, setting MaxProcs=1 in the config string makes BB boot with just one core.

Cheers,
Sven