[Oberon] Re: CF-IDE adapter

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 24 09:42:58 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

>Can anyone tell me what PRD is?
The PRDT is the Physical Region Descriptor Table. Its entries are PRDs. The PRDT is used as scatter/gather list for DMA transfers, i.e. it's used to enable transfers into physically non-contiguous memory buffers.

>Is GetPRDAdr needed in ATADisks.Mod?
I don't know much about Native Oberon since I'm working with Bluebottle only. It seems, however, that NO does not use virtual memory at all (or does it?). If that's the case, you don't need the mentioned procedure, which is used in BB to allocate the PRDT in physically contiguous memory region not crossing page boundaries and to return the physical address of the PRDTs first entry.

Regards,
Sven