[Oberon] Greenbottle

Dan Parnete dan.parnete at fastwebnet.it
Thu Dec 15 20:00:05 CET 2005

Hello,

It takes me a while to digest the new stijn (glass) interface. This skin
is one year old, but I never considered it. The first day I was a little
disappointed. The game style cursors, the yellow submarine. The second
day I have realized the green glass transparency is not so bad, and the
general well defined contrast is acceptable. After a week, I can say
I'll never turn back to Bluebottle, I prefer the Greenbottle. Meanwhile
we have adopted it for BBw, witch will be released this days, upgraded
to 09.12.05 version. Yesterday we have presented a new application with
the Greenbottle interface to 60 end users, on a giant screen. This
people never seen other then Windows, and I was anxious to see the
reaction. It was well accepted and the people has appreciated "the new
style".

Now some observations:
- The PET opens bigger then the view dimension, and the bottom
scrollbars are not reachable, if not zooming.
- The buttons have a small zone on the right side where are not active.
In fact the color rest green and clicking has no effect. For small
buttons (width 15) this zone is in the middle, and becomes critical. I
use such small buttons on the right side of the ComboBox components.
- For the old style menu the Tools/VNC button opens the FTP client
(error in MenuPage40.XML). The stijn skin menu is of grate impact for
the end user, but for development, the original menu is more practical:
in two clicks you can open any application.

My thanks to all ETH team for the good job,
Dan Parnete