[Oberon] Re. Greenbottle

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Fri Dec 16 09:13:38 CET 2005

Dan Parnete wrote:
> It takes me a while to digest the new stijn (glass) interface.
> (error in MenuPage40.XML). The stijn skin menu is of great impact for
> the end user, but for development, the original menu is more practical:
> in two clicks you can open any application.
>
> My thanks to all ETH team for the good job,
> Dan Parnete

Well I don't know what this is all about.
One can miss out on good-stuff by assuming that it's just another
short-lived fad ?

Your "in two clicks you can open any application" comment,
summarises, for me, the main strength of NO.
The user-interface is all important.
And because it's hairy-fairy-psycho, it's difficult to quantify,
and liable to be trivialised.  I've often speculated that the
minimalist [uncluttered] interface and fight against bloat may
be lost when Wirth stepped out.

Thankfully not yet ?

== Chris Glur.