[Oberon] Re. USB

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Dec 19 14:44:03 CET 2005

Stauber  Sven Philipp wrote:
> > > The crazy fresh release dated 09.12.2005 includes the new
> > > version of the
> > > Bluebottle USB system software.
> > > User-visible advantages:
> > > - USB 2.0 support
> > > - Fixed critical bug in UHCI driver which broke many flash drives
> > > - Mass Storage Driver improved: support for multiple logical units (->
> > > Cardreader support), improved performance
> > > - On-demand USB class/device driver loading
>
> >Will this knowledge be available for NO ?
>
> No. It can, however, be used under Oberon when running Oberon
> Bluebottle.

Doesn't Bluebottle use the Oberon syntax ?
NB. I wrote "knowledge". Ie. algorithm can easily be ported, independant
of interface/appearance, which should have been factored-out.

Does Bluebottle still use the funny/awkward system programming
syntax like:
	SYSTEM.PORTIN(p, SYSTEM.VAL(CHAR, t));   ?

What about someone writing a translator to use an intuitive syntax:
	t -> Port(p);  or eg: Byte(t) -> Mem(m);   ?

== Chris Glur.