[Oberon] Release.Build

Josef Sedlacek sedlacek at swissonline.ch
Thu Dec 22 16:51:59 CET 2005

Hi Peter an all together

I wish a nice Christmas and happy New year to all!

> Appears that Release.Build does nothing more
> harmful than create a text.  Will it break
> anything?

Native.Tool is a utility which (I believe) was used for developing of
NO. Here are lists of different parts of the releases. Release.Mod is a
companion program which operates on the "Packages" and produces in a
sense a new tool which prepares all files which have to be compiled,
zipped and so on. Yes Release.Build produces test only. I adopted this
method for our project and it is very powerful.

Working in this region has two faces. On one side you have to ba careful
but on the other side a deep respect is not necessary assuming you have
backed up you work somewhere. Using an install diskette allows you to
repair everything very easy, because you can mount from the install disk
any partition and copy the relevant (destroyed) files back. Please note
that in Native.Tool you see for example the method how your install
diskette was produced. By the way. I phone once a weak with my son who
lives now in Montreal and the phone cost are very low. So if you like
then you can phone me to the number below and we can speak more quickly
about the problem.

Best regards

Josef
--
Company:  Radiar, Dr. J. Sedlacek, CH-7554 Sent
Tel: +41 (81) 860 06 60