[Oberon] Requesting sample good LNO: oberon.log

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sat Jan 28 06:37:14 CET 2006

The LNO version ca. 1999 [previous millenium ?!] runs OK.

But I don't succeed with lno020127.

My oberon.log from ./install looks like: ---
...snip ...
OFSDiskVolumes: Oberon0.Dsk#0
OFSN2KFiles: Scanning Oberon0.Dsk#0... marking     2 files
GetConfig: Archive=""
OFS: 1 open files on Oberon0.Dsk#0
OFS: 1 open files on .
OFSLinuxFiles.FinalizeVol res=      0
GetConfig: DDriver=DisplayLinuxX11
Socket no.: 0000000A
Protocol not supported by server

Please execute 'xhost localhost'
Received signal nr.  11 at signal handling level 1
TRAP -14
...snip...
Modules  PC = 10838
OFS: 108 open files on RAM0
OFSN2KFiles: Map saved on RAM
Closing oberon.dsk
Closing Oberon0.Dsk
===== end of oberon.log ===========

I'm guessing that X-server is detecting incompatibility problems
with the hardware display system ?

Perhaps I could fix it, if someone would post me an example of a
succesfull oberon.log[s]; for install & run-oberon ?

Thanks.

== Chris Glur.