AW: [Oberon] Partitioning under BB

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 9 21:45:28 CET 2006

Hi,

>Error 1: Can't create partition: MBR signature wrong
Byte 510 of sector 0 should be 55H and Byte 511 should be AAH. You can check this by having a look at the first sector of your disk (Partition Tool -> Partitions -> ShowBlocks).
You can write a new MBR using the Partition Tool. You have to select the partition 0 (otherwise you'll get the Selection Invalid message). If your disk does not contain any data, you can uncheck the option "Preserve Table" (fills the partition table with zeros -> all data lost).

>BTW - if the new mustard-theme skin is to be the default, I hope
>someone can get *at least* the 'Look' & Skin-switcher back onto
>its rather sparse menu.
It is in the menu. Look for Looks->Skinloader. The menu can be rotated by clicking on the arrows.

Cheers,
Sven Stauber