[Oberon] Booting Bluebottle from USB

Aubrey McIntosh Aubrey.McIntosh at ridgewater.edu
Wed Feb 22 22:42:13 CET 2006

I have placed Bluebottle onto an RCA-Thompson RD1072A Lyra music player, and used it to boot a computer over USB.
I formatted the internal flash to have two partitions, a 128 Mb partition 1 that Windows and the Lyra see, and a 128 Mb second partition that Bluebottle sees.  I used the multiboot MBR mentioned at the end of AosInst.Tool.

Before I formatted the internal flash, the removable SD card would not attempt to boot.  However, after I set up Bluebottle on both the removable and the internal flash, the removable flash is the preferred boot device.

The Lyra still stores and plays files delivered from Windows.

-- Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.

>>> staubesv at student.ethz.ch 2/21/2006 10:04 AM >>>
Dear All,

The USB software contained in the today's release is smaller in size, so it's possible to create boot files that don't exceed the x86 real mode memory constraints and can be used to boot from USB drives (Tested).