[Oberon] Re: USB, bloat, LNO, SCSI/IDE & etc.

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Tue Mar 7 17:28:55 CET 2006

Op Tuesday 07 March 2006 04:11 schreef easlab at absamail.co.za:

 > Do other users all have hi-bandwidth, on all the time [no incremental
 > costs] inet access ?   I have to pay for on-line time.

I switched two years ago from dial-up to always online cable network.
Dial-up was getting extremely expensive. And I must admit that being full
time online has its advantages.

As things look now, wireless broadband will be around in the near future so
that people who now cannot have an ADSL or Cable broadband connection (due
to their (for dutch people) remote locations) can have a similar connection
via GPRS.
But, our estimation of 'remote' does not relate to other people's ideas of
remoteness...

 > I expect/hope google will be around for a long time ?

They will. Unless they will be accused of monopoly activities. They already
know what I look for on the internet. They know (of) almost all my E-mails
and not mine alone. I think Google will be around for many decades to come
exploiting the things they 'know' about all of us. I think Google is the
Big Sister.

 > Here's an example of a LOW tech method of publishing-info
 > [vs. web page]: post it to one of the low-volume news groups,
 > like alt.moja.test, get the 'reference' [? presumed to be constant?]
 > from goog, and that becomes the URL. Presuming that goog will
 > last quiet some time ?  For intelligent content [vs. eye candy
 > garbage] the data is even available via email  - to absorb at the
 > reader's leisure.

That's a smart method...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten