[Oberon] Have newer versions fixed these bugs ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Mar 8 01:10:30 CET 2006

A date ordered directory listing facility is essential,
eg. to find which files were accidentally written into a
partition in a LNO install attempt.   You would just search
for the newest files.

I have to use 2 extra steps:
1.  transform the date format from DD.MM.YYYY
  to YYYY.MM.DD to be sortable,
2. Sort

And it seems that the Sort utility was not included in N-O
 ver 2001 ?   I believe I've had to copy several utilities from
olders [ V 2.3.2, 2.3.6] versions.

Like Find.Panel was not included in ver 2001.
Apparently because eg. *PPP* files aren't found
[i.e. leading "*" in file ID is not correctly handled].

These basic utilities are important !

Since ETH's task is to produce students, and the software,
which we outsiders want, is just a waste/by-product,
we'll have to fix it ourselves.   But we need a structure
to coordinate outside [of ETH] collaboration.

== Chris Glur.