[Oberon] Can any ETH-oberon-family do this ?

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Mar 9 17:49:27 CET 2006

Chris,

cg> Which of ETH-oberon-family systems can do the following:-

> 1.  dailup ppp with pap.

ETH Oberon / PC Native 05.01.2003

> 2.  threaded news reader.

Don't know.  Never use a news reader.

> 3.  email, with authenticated send - at least 'LOGIN' type authentication.

Never tried to use "authenticated send".  From earlier
messages, you have a Linux system running.  You can
run your own postoffice.  PostFix works well here.

> 4. various  http-fetch eg. : frame, forms, ...

Not to my knowledge.

> htmls ...etc.

Don't understand.  You have used Desktops.OpenDoc http://... html
often?

The best arrangement I have found is to use
an Oberon/Aos workstation with a Debian machine
nearby.  VNC provides a neat access to the
Debian machine.  Heard that there is a VNC
server for MS Windows also, in case you need it.

Regards,        ... Peter E.

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/