[Oberon] Zonnon

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 19:31:26 CEST 2006

--- Jack Johnson <knapjack at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/27/06, Douglas G. Danforth
> <danforth at greenwoodfarm.com> wrote:
> > Now, here is what I would really like to see in a
> computer language:
> > Automatic implementation of mathematical theories
> that I write using a pen.
> > I assume this is still many decades in the future.
>
> This is the closest I've seen:
>
> http://www.flypentop.com/
>
> -Jack

Interesting.  But most "leappad" products are
totally proprietary.  (Read, not extensible).
Right now it seems only capable of simple
arithmetic mathwise.  (Lots of other neat
features like language translation.)  But
when I saw Doug's request I immediately
thought "What about products like MathCad
and Mathmatica?"  Anyway, hopefully the
"fly" will attract enough attention from
hackers so someone will come up with a
way for "homebrewers" to expand it.

Regards,

John M. Drake