[Oberon] How does N-O handle this ?

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Wed Mar 29 16:58:30 CEST 2006

Op Wednesday 29 March 2006 11:01 schreef easlab at absamail.co.za:

 > Using linux > mozilla gives me problems [due to unfamiliarity]
 > and raises some questions:

 > Q - how do you view save pages with normal browsers ?

With Slackware Linux 8.0 and Netscape 4.77 I can hit the back button when
online. At first, the browser wants to go to the corresponding URL but
after some seconds it puts a message on screen telling me that the page is
unavailable and that the page which is still in cache will be used instead.

 > Q - do normal OS & browsers have facilities to auto-delete
 > the <mailPage>.html PLUS it's companion-dir of eye-candy,
 > or does this garbage just accumulate ?

I can instruct my browsers to NOT fetch any images or pictures. In that
case however, it is better to browse the web in Linux commandline mode. Use
mutt or pine for E-mail and lynx or links for browsing. I find links better
than lynx, but that may be a matter of opinion.

 > PSSS. Re. fast-naive prototyping, has anyone experience with
 > Nokia series-60 Pyhton facilities ?

I will check this with a local Nokia engineer.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl