AW: Re (2): [Oberon] crazy Aos

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 30 18:36:43 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

>The zips extracted with no errors.  Has anyone
>else tried the crazy AosIDE.Bin?
Yes, it works for me.

>This machine has an old BIOS.  Any chance that
>the crazy introduced a new dependance on the BIOS?
The new ATA driver (AosATADisks.Mod) could be a problem (release date >= 21.02.06).

So far, I've seen the system hanging at "Oberon loading..." when
- the boot file was bigger than 640KB (which is not an issue for AosIDE.Bin, though)
- the config strings were not set (remember that the config strings are deleted when formatting a disk)

You should trace the boot process. In another Email, you mentioned using "TraceMode=1". Have you also set "Init="? If not, the system switches into the graphics mode and you won't see anything. When tracing, you should at least see the line "Aos <release date>", even if the disk driver does not work at all.

Regards,
Sven Stauber